24. My little children (believers, dear ones), I am writing you these things so that you will not sin and violate God’s law. And if anyone sins, we have an Advocate [who will intercede for us] with the Father: Jesus Christ the righteous [the upright, the just One, who conforms to the Father’s will in every way–purpose, thought, and action]. And He [that same Jesus] is the propitiation for our sins [the atoning sacrifice that holds back the wrath of God that would otherwise be directed at us because of our sinful nature–our worldliness, our lifestyle]; and not for ours alone, but also for [the sins of all believers throughout] the whole world.
23. But I say, walk habitually in the [Holy] Spirit [seek Him and be responsive to His guidance], and then you will certainly not carry out the desire of the sinful nature [which responds impulsively without regard for God and His precepts].
22. You are my hiding place and my shield; I wait for Your word.
21. Go therefore and make disciples of all the nations [help the people to learn of Me, believe in Me, and obey My words], baptizing them in the name of the Father and of the Son and of the Holy Spirit,
20. Therefore let us [with privilege] approach the throne of grace [that is, the throne of God’s gracious favor] with confidence and without fear, so that we may receive mercy [for our failures] and find [His amazing] grace to help in time of need [an appropriate blessing, coming just at the right moment].
19. But those who wait for the LORD [who expect, look for, and hope in Him] Will gain new strength and renew their power; They will lift up their wings [and rise up close to God] like eagles [rising toward the sun]; They will run and not become weary, They will walk and not grow tired.
18. ‘Do not fear [anything], for I am with you; Do not be afraid, for I am your God. I will strengthen you, be assured I will help you; I will certainly take hold of you with My righteous right hand [a hand of justice, of power, of victory, of salvation].’
17. A father of the fatherless and a judge and protector of the widows, Is God in His holy habitation.
16. Oh, the depth of the riches and wisdom and knowledge of God! How unsearchable are His judgments and decisions and how unfathomable and untraceable are His ways!
15. ‘Ah Lord GOD! Behold, You have made the heavens and the earth by Your great power and by Your outstretched arm! There is nothing too difficult or too wonderful for You—
14. Every good thing given and every perfect gift is from above; it comes down from the Father of lights [the Creator and Sustainer of the heavens], in whom there is no variation [no rising or setting] or shadow cast by His turning [for He is perfect and never changes].
13. …bearing graciously with one another, and willingly forgiving each other if one has a cause for complaint against another; just as the Lord has forgiven you, so should you forgive.
12. But I say to you, love[that is, unselfishly seek the best or higher good for]your enemies and pray for those who persecute you,
11. And not only this, but [with joy] let us exult in our sufferings and rejoice in our hardships, knowing that hardship (distress, pressure, trouble) produces patient endurance; and endurance, proven character (spiritual maturity); and proven character, hope and confident assurance [of eternal salvation].
10. If we [freely] admit that we have sinned and confess our sins, He is faithful and just [true to His own nature and promises], and will forgive our sins and cleanse us continually from all unrighteousness [our wrongdoing, everything not in conformity with His will and purpose].
9. “No weapon that is formed against you will succeed; And every tongue that rises against youin judgment you will condemn. This [peace, righteousness, security, and triumph over opposition] is the heritage of the servants of the LORD, And this is their vindication from Me,” says the LORD.
8. “When you pass through the waters, I will be with you; And through the rivers, they will not overwhelm you. When you walk through fire, youwill not be scorched, Nor will the flame burn you.
7. For I consider [from the standpoint of faith] that the sufferings of the present life are not worthy to be compared with the glory that is about to be revealed to us and in us!
6. But first and most importantly seek (aim at, strive after) His kingdom and His righteousness[His way of doing and being right–the attitude and character of God],and all these things will be given to you also.
5. Behold, the eye of the LORD is upon those who fear Him [and worship Him with awe-inspired reverence and obedience], On those who hope [confidently] in His compassion and lovingkindness,
4. Do not let unwholesome [foul, profane, worthless, vulgar] words ever come out of your mouth, but only such speech as is good for building up others, according to the need and the occasion, so that it will be a blessing to those who hear you speak.
3. “There is no one holy like the LORD, There is no one besides You, There is no Rock like our God.
2. “For I the L ORD your God keep hold of your right hand; [I am the Lord], Who says to you, ‘Do not fear, I will help you.’
1. The LORD will fight for you while you [only need to] keep silent and remain calm.”
31. The [reverent] fear of the L ORD [that is, worshiping Him and regarding Him as truly awesome] is the beginning and the preeminent part of wisdom [its starting point and its essence], And the knowledge of the Holy One is understanding and spiritual insight.
30. Conduct yourself with wisdom in your interactions with outsiders (non-believers), make the most of each opportunity [treating it as something precious]. Let your speech at all times be gracious and pleasant, seasoned with salt, so that you will know how to answer each one [who questions you].
29. So submit to [the authority of] God. Resist the devil [stand firm against him] and he will flee from you.
28. Blessed be the Lord, who bears our burden day by day, The God who is our salvation!
27. However, I consider my life worth nothing to me; my only aim is to finish the race and complete the task the Lord Jesus has given me—the task of testifying to the good news of God’s grace.
Acts 20:24 NIV
26. Do not be anxious or worried about anything, but in everything [every circumstance and situation] by prayer and petition with thanksgiving, continue to make your [specific] requests known to God.
25. The one who guards his mouth [thinking before he speaks] protects his life; The one who opens his lips wide [and chatters without thinking] comes to ruin.
24. Create in me a clean heart, O God, And renew a right and steadfast spirit within me.
23. What then shall we say to all these things? If God is for us, who can be [successful] against us?
22. For the [remarkable, undeserved] grace of God that brings salvation has appeared to all men. It teaches us to reject ungodliness and worldly (immoral) desires, and to live sensible, upright, and godly lives [lives with a purpose that reflect spiritual maturity] in this present age,
21. Do not be deceived, God is not mocked [He will not allow Himself to be ridiculed, nor treated with contempt nor allow His precepts to be scornfully set aside]; for whatever a man sows, this and this only is what he will reap. For the one who sows to his flesh [his sinful capacity, his worldliness, his disgraceful impulses] will reap from the flesh ruin and destruction, but the one who sows to the Spirit will from the Spirit reap eternal life.
20. For, “A LL FLESH IS LIKE GRASS, A ND ALL ITS GLORY LIKE THE FLOWER OF GRASS. T HE GRASS WITHERS A ND THE FLOWER FALLS OFF,
19. But you will receive power and ability when the Holy Spirit comes upon you; and you will be My witnesses[to tell people about Me]both in Jerusalem and in all Judea, and Samaria, and even to the ends of the earth.”
18. Therefore we do not become discouraged [spiritless, disappointed, or afraid]. Though our outer self is [progressively] wasting away, yet our inner self is being [progressively] renewed day by day.
17. I am giving you a new commandment, that youlove one another. Just as I have loved you, so youtoo are to love one another. By this everyone will know that you are My disciples, if you have love and unselfish concern for one another.”
16. He who earnestly seeks righteousness and loyalty Finds life, righteousness, and honor.
15. My people, who are called by My Name, humble themselves, and pray and seek (crave, require as a necessity) My face and turn from their wicked ways, then I will hear [them] from heaven, and forgive their sin and heal their land.
14. All Scripture is God-breathed [given by divine inspiration] and is profitable for instruction, for conviction [of sin], for correction [of error and restoration to obedience], for training in righteousness [learning to live in conformity to God’s will, both publicly and privately–behaving honorably with personal integrity and moral courage]; so that the man of God may be complete and proficient, outfitted and thoroughly equipped for every good work.
13. May the ORD give you [great] increase, Youand your children.
12. Charm and grace are deceptive, and [superficial] beauty is vain, But a woman who fears the L ORD [reverently worshiping, obeying, serving, and trusting Him with awe-filled respect], she shall be praised.
11. I have been crucified with Christ [that is, in Him I have shared His crucifixion]; it is no longer I who live, but Christ lives in me. The life I now live in the body I live by faith [by adhering to, relying on, and completely trusting] in the Son of God, who loved me and gave Himself up for me.
10. [looking away from all that will distract us and] focusing our eyes on Jesus, who is the Author and Perfecter of faith [the first incentive for our belief and the One who brings our faith to maturity], who for the joy [of accomplishing the goal] set before Him endured the cross, disregarding the shame, and sat down at the right hand of the throne of God [revealing His deity, His authority, and the completion of His work].
9. While He was blessing them, He left them and was taken up into heaven.
8. Get my commandments inside you and your children. Talk about them wherever you are: at home or in the street; talk about them from the time you get up until you fall into bed.
7. Have mercy on me, O God, according to Your lovingkindness; According to the greatness of Your compassion blot out my transgressions. Wash me thoroughly from my wickedness and guilt And cleanse me from my sin.
6. This is what the LORD, your Redeemer, the Holy One of Israel says, “I am the LORD your God, who teaches you to profit (benefit), Who leads you in the way that you should go.
5. Whoever believes and has decided to trust in Him[as personal Savior and Lord]is not judged[for this one, there is no judgment, no rejection, no condemnation];but the one who does not believe[and has decided to reject Him as personal Savior and Lord]is judged already[that one has been convicted and sentenced],because he has not believed and trusted in the name of the[One and]only begotten Son of God[the One who is truly unique, the only One of His kind, the One who alone can save him].
4. The LORD is near to the heartbroken And He saves those who are crushed in spirit (contrite in heart, truly sorry for their sin).
3. For the time being no discipline brings joy, but seems sad and painful; yet to those who have been trained by it, afterwards it yields the peaceful fruit of righteousness [right standing with God and a lifestyle and attitude that seeks conformity to God’s will and purpose].
2. Fight the good fight of the faith [in the conflict with evil]; take hold of the eternal life to which youwere called, and [for which] you made the good confession [of faith] in the presence of many witnesses.
1. Rejoice always and delight in your faith; be unceasing and persistent in prayer; in every situation [no matter what the circumstances] be thankful and continually give thanks to God; for this is the will of God for you in Christ Jesus.
30. Let no one look down on [you because of] your youth, but be an example and set a pattern for the believers in speech, in conduct, in love, in faith, and in [moral] purity.
29. “I assure you and most solemnly say to you, the person who hears My word[the one who heeds My message],and believes and trusts in Him who sent Me, has (possesses now) eternal life[that is, eternal life actually begins–the believer is transformed],and does not come into judgment and condemnation, but has passed[over]from death into life.
28. For it is [not your strength, but it is] God who is effectively at work in you, both to will and to work [that is, strengthening, energizing, and creating in you the longing and the ability to fulfill your purpose] for His good pleasure.
27. “Come to Me, all who are weary and heavily burdened[by religious rituals that provide no peace],and I will give you rest[refreshing your souls with salvation].
26. The fear of man brings a snare, But whoever trusts in and puts his confidence in the L ORD will be exalted and safe.
25. Now the Lord is the Spirit, and where the Spirit of the Lord is, there is liberty [emancipation from bondage, true freedom].
24. A man’s mind plans his way [as he journeys through life], But the LORD directs his steps and establishes them.
23. Be strong and courageous, do not be afraid or tremble in dread before them, for it is the L ORD your God who goes with you. He will not fail youor abandon you.”
22. “For God so[greatly]loved and dearly prized the world, that He[even]gave His[One and] only begotten Son, so that whoever believes and trusts in Him[as Savior]shall not perish, but have eternal life.
21. Since all have sinned and continually fall short of the glory of God, and are being justified [declared free of the guilt of sin, made acceptable to God, and granted eternal life] as a gift by His [precious, undeserved] grace, through the redemption [the payment for our sin] which is [provided] in Christ Jesus,
20. Your word is a lamp to my feet And a light to my path.
19. He personally carried our sins in His body on the cross [willingly offering Himself on it, as on an altar of sacrifice], so that we might die to sin [becoming immune from the penalty and power of sin] and live for righteousness; for by His wounds you [who believe] have been healed.
18. A soft and gentle and thoughtful answer turns away wrath, But harsh and painful and careless words stir up anger.
17. So get rid of all uncleanness and all that remains of wickedness, and with a humble spirit receive the word [of God] which is implanted [actually rooted in your heart], which is able to save your souls.
16. This is a faithful and trustworthy statement, deserving full acceptance and approval, that Christ Jesus came into the world to save sinners, among whom I am foremost.
15. Whatever you do [no matter what it is] in word or deed, do everything in the name of the Lord Jesus [and in dependence on Him], giving thanks to God the Father through Him.
14. in that I command you today to love the L ORD your God, to walk [that is, to live each and every day] in His ways and to keep His commandments and His statutes and His judgments (precepts), so that you will live and multiply, and that the L ORD your God will bless you in the land which you are entering to possess.
13. Jesus said to her,“ I am the Resurrection and the Life. Whoever believes in (adheres to, trusts in, relies on) Me[as Savior]will live even if he dies; and everyone who lives and believes in Me[as Savior]will never die. Do you believe this?”
12. Therefore, confess your sins to one another [your false steps, your offenses], and pray for one another, that you may be healed and restored. The heartfelt and persistent prayer of a righteous man (believer) can accomplish much [when put into action and made effective by God–it is dynamic and can have tremendous power].
11. Trust in and rely confidently on the L ORD with all your heart And do not rely on your own insight or understanding. In all your ways know and acknowledge and recognize Him, And He will make your paths straight and smooth [removing obstacles that block your way].
10. You shall love the LORD your God with all your heart and mind and with all your soul and with all your strength [your entire being].
9. And if the Spirit of Him who raised Jesus from the dead lives in you, He who raised Christ Jesus from the dead will also give life to your mortal bodies through His Spirit, who lives in you.
8. But God clearly shows and proves His own love for us, by the fact that while we were still sinners, Christ died for us.
7. But He was wounded for our transgressions, He was crushed for our wickedness [our sin, our injustice, our wrongdoing]; The punishment [required] for our well-being fell on Him, And by His stripes (wounds) we are healed.
6. For the wages of sin is death, but the free gift of God [that is, His remarkable, overwhelming gift of grace to believers] is eternal life in Christ Jesus our Lord.
5. Because if you acknowledge and confess with your mouth that Jesus is Lord [recognizing His power, authority, and majesty as God], and believe in your heart that God raised Him from the dead, you will be saved.
4. He will swallow up death [and abolish it] for all time. And the Lord GOD will wipe away tears from all faces, And He will take away the disgrace of His people from all the earth; For the LORD has spoken.
3. Do not neglect to do good, to contribute [to the needy of the church as an expression of fellowship], for such sacrifices are always pleasing to God.
2. Even a [callous, arrogant] fool, when he keeps silent, is considered wise; When he closes his lips he is regarded as sensible (prudent, discreet) and a man of understanding.
1. He is not here, for He has risen, just as He said [He would]. Come! See the place where He was lying.
29. Just as the Son of Man did not come to be served, but to serve, and to give His life as a ransom for many[paying the price to set them free from the penalty of sin].”
28. They took branches of palm trees [in homage to Him as King] and went out to meet Him, and they began shouting and kept shouting “Hosanna! BLESSED (celebrated, praised) IS HE WHO COMES IN THE NAME OF THE LORD, even the King of Israel!”
27. In peace [and with a tranquil heart] I will both lie down and sleep, For You alone, O LORD, make me dwell in safety and confident trust.
26. For whatever was written in earlier times was written for our instruction, so that through endurance and the encouragement of the Scriptures we might have hope and overflow with confidence in His promises.
25. He who dwells in the shelter of the Most High Will remain secure and rest in the shadow of the Almighty [whose power no enemy can withstand].
24. I have told you these things, so that in Me youmay have[perfect]peace. In the world you have tribulation and distress and suffering, but be courageous [be confident, be undaunted, be filled with joy];I have overcome the world.”[My conquest is accomplished, My victory abiding.]
23. He was despised and rejected by men, A Man of sorrows and pain and acquainted with grief; And like One from whom men hide their faces He was despised, and we did not appreciate His worth or esteem Him.
22. Therefore know [without any doubt] and understand that the LORD your God, He is God, the faithful God, who is keeping His covenant and His [steadfast] loving kindness to a thousand generations with those who love Him and keep His commandments;
21. Blessed [happy, spiritually prosperous, favored by God] is the man who is steadfast under trial and perseveres when tempted; for when he has passed the test and been approved, he will receive the [victor’s] crown of life which the Lord has promised to those who love Him.
20. The beginning of wisdom is: Get [skillful and godly] wisdom [it is preeminent]! And with all your acquiring, get understanding [actively seek spiritual discernment, mature comprehension, and logical interpretation].
19. The person who has My commandments and keeps them is the one who[really]loves Me; and whoever[really]loves Me will be loved by My Father, and I will love him and reveal Myself to him[I will make Myself real to him].”
18. Do you not know Have you not heard? The Everlasting God, the LORD, the Creator of the ends of the earth Does not become tired or grow weary; There is no searching of His understanding.
17. But the fruit of the Spirit [the result of His presence within us] is love [unselfish concern for others], joy, [inner] peace, patience [not the ability to wait, but how we act while waiting], kindness, goodness, faithfulness, gentleness, self-control. Against such things there is no law.
16. There it was–the true Light [the genuine, perfect, steadfast Light] which, coming into the world, enlightens everyone.
15. Let the [spoken] word of Christ have its home within you [dwelling in your heart and mind–permeating every aspect of your being] as you teach [spiritual things] and admonish and train one another with all wisdom, singing psalms and hymns and spiritual songs with thankfulness in your hearts to God.
14. Therefore as you have received Christ Jesus the Lord, walk in [union with] Him [reflecting His character in the things you do and say–living lives that lead others away from sin], having been deeply rooted [in Him] and now being continually built up in Him and [becoming increasingly more] established in your faith, just as you were taught, and overflowing in it with gratitude.
13. And do not be conformed to this world [any longer with its superficial values and customs], but be transformed and progressively changed [as youmature spiritually] by the renewing of your mind [focusing on godly values and ethical attitudes], so that you may prove [for yourselves] what the will of God is, that which is good and acceptable and perfect [in His plan and purpose for you].
12. Therefore there is now no condemnation [no guilty verdict, no punishment] for those who are in Christ Jesus [who believe in Him as personal Lord and Savior]. For the law of the Spirit of life [which is] in Christ Jesus [the law of our new being] has set you free from the law of sin and of death.
11. In everything I showed you [by example] that by working hard in this way you must help the weak and remember the words of the Lord Jesus, that He Himself said,‘It is more blessed[and brings greater joy]to give than to receive.’”
10. One thing I have asked of the L ORD, and that I will seek: That I may dwell in the house of the L ORD [in His presence] all the days of my life, To gaze upon the beauty [the delightful loveliness and majestic grandeur] of the L ORD And to meditate in His temple.
9. In God, whose word I praise; In God I have put my trust; I shall not fear. What can mere man do to me?
8. But without faith it is impossible to [walk with God and] please Him, for whoever comes [near] to God must [necessarily] believe that God exists and that He rewards those who [earnestly and diligently] seek Him.
7. AND IT SHALL BE THAT EVERYONE WHO CALLS UPON THE NAME OF THE L ORD [invoking, adoring, and worshiping the Lord Jesus] SHALL BE SAVED (rescued spiritually).’
6. For we are His workmanship [His own master work, a work of art], created in Christ Jesus [reborn from above–spiritually transformed, renewed, ready to be used] for good works, which God prepared [for us] beforehand [taking paths which He set], so that we would walk in them [living the good life which He prearranged and made ready for us].
5. For a day in Your courts is better than a thousand [anywhere else]; I would rather stand [as a doorkeeper] at the threshold of the house of my God Than to live [at ease] in the tents of wickedness.
4. Little children (believers, dear ones), you are of God and you belong to Him and have [already] overcome them [the agents of the antichrist]; because He who is in you is greater than he (Satan) who is in the world [of sinful mankind].
3. “If any of you needs wisdom, you should ask God for it. He is generous to everyone and will give you wisdom without criticizing you.”
James 1:5 NCV
2. Put on the full armor of God [for His precepts are like the splendid armor of a heavily-armed soldier], so that you may be able to [successfully] stand up against all the schemes and the strategies and the deceits of the devil.
1. Blessed [gratefully praised and adored] be the God and Father of our Lord Jesus Christ, the Father of mercies and the God of all comfort, who comforts and encourages us in every trouble so that we will be able to comfort and encourage those who are in any kind of trouble, with the comfort with which we ourselves are comforted by God.
28. Little children (believers, dear ones), let us not love [merely in theory] with word or with tongue [giving lip service to compassion], but in action and in truth [in practice and in sincerity, because practical acts of love are more than words].
27. I wait [patiently] for the L ORD, my soul [expectantly] waits, And in His word do I hope.
26. And He will wipe away every tear from their eyes; and there will no longer be death; there will no longer be sorrow and anguish, or crying, or pain; for the former order of things has passed away.
25. Behold, I stand at the door[of the church]and continually knock. If anyone hears My voice and opens the door, I will come in and eat with him (restore him), and he with Me.
24. For you, my brothers, were called to freedom; only do not let your freedom become an opportunity for the sinful nature (worldliness, selfishness), but through love serve and seek the best for one another.
23. For physical training is of some value, but godliness (spiritual training) is of value in everything and in every way, since it holds promise for the present life and for the life to come.
22. Neither height, nor depth, nor any other created thing, will be able to separate us from the [unlimited] love of God, which is in Christ Jesus our Lord.
21. Have I not commanded you? Be strong and courageous! Do not be terrified or dismayed (intimidated), for the L ORD your God is with you wherever you go.”
20. He guards the paths of justice; And He preserves the way of His saints (believers).
19. Commit your way to the L ORD; Trust in Him also and He will do it.
18. Even though I walk through the [sunless] valley of the shadow of death, I fear no evil, for You are with me; Your rod [to protect] and Your staff [to guide], they comfort and console me.
17. Who among you is wise and intelligent? Let him by his good conduct show his [good] deeds with the gentleness and humility of true wisdom.
16. but if anyone suffers [ill-treatment] as a Christian [because of his belief], he is not to be ashamed, but is to glorify God [because he is considered worthy to suffer] in this name.
15. Therefore He is able also to save forever (completely, perfectly, for eternity) those who come to God through Him, since He always lives to intercede and intervene on their behalf [with God].
14. And we know [with great confidence] that God [who is deeply concerned about us] causes all things to work together [as a plan] for good for those who love God, to those who are called according to His plan and purpose.
13. And now there remain: faith [abiding trust in God and His promises], hope [confident expectation of eternal salvation], love [unselfish love for others growing out of God’s love for me], these three [the choicest graces]; but the greatest of these is love.
12. I am convinced and confident of this very thing, that He who has begun a good work in you will [continue to] perfect and complete it until the day of Christ Jesus [the time of His return].
11. Teach me to do Your will [so that I may please You], For You are my God; Let Your good Spirit lead me on level ground.
10. In Him we have redemption [that is, our deliverance and salvation] through His blood, [which paid the penalty for our sin and resulted in] the forgiveness and complete pardon of our sin, in accordance with the riches of His grace
9. But Jesus looked at them and said,“With people[as far as it depends on them]it is impossible, but with God all things are possible.”
8. For the word of God is living and active and full of power [making it operative, energizing, and effective]. It is sharper than any two-edged sword, penetrating as far as the division of the soul and spirit [the completeness of a person], and of both joints and marrow [the deepest parts of our nature], exposing and judging the very thoughts and intentions of the heart.
7. The thief comes only in order to steal and kill and destroy. I came that they may have and enjoy life, and have it in abundance[to the full, till it overflows].
6. In God, whose word I praise; In God I have put my trust; I shall not fear. What can mere man do to me?
5. This [day in which God has saved me] is the day which the LORD has made; Let us rejoice and be glad in it.
4. All that My Father gives Me will come to Me; and the one who comes to Me I will most certainly not cast out[I will never, never reject anyone who follows Me].
3. Who shall ever separate us from the love of Christ? Will tribulation, or distress, or persecution, or famine, or nakedness, or danger, or sword?
2. Give thanks to the LORD, call upon His name; Make known His deeds among the people.
1. Be still and know (recognize, understand) that I am God. I will be exalted among the nations! I will be exalted in the earth.
31. Let your character [your moral essence, your inner nature] be free from the love of money [shun greed–be financially ethical], being content with what you have; for He has said, “I WILL NEVER [under any circumstances] DESERT YOU [nor give you up nor leave you without support, nor will I in any degree leave you helpless], NOR WILL I FORSAKE or LET YOU DOWN or RELAX MY HOLD ON YOU [assuredly not]!”
30. Let your character [your moral essence, your inner nature] be free from the love of money [shun greed–be financially ethical], being content with what you have; for He has said, “I WILL NEVER [under any circumstances] DESERT YOU [nor give you up nor leave you without support, nor will I in any degree leave you helpless], NOR WILL I FORSAKE or LET YOU DOWN or RELAX M Y HOLD ON YOU [assuredly not]!”
29. Do not love the world [of sin that opposes God and His precepts], nor the things that are in theworld. If anyone loves the world, the love of theFather is not in him. For all that is in the world–the lust and sensual craving of the flesh and thelust and longing of the eyes and the boastful pride of life [pretentious confidence in one’s resources or in the stability of earthly things]–these do not come from the Father, but are from the world.
28. But let all who take refuge and put their trust in You rejoice, Let them ever sing for joy; Because You cover and shelter them, Let those who love Your name be joyful and exult in You.
27. “I, the LORD, search and examine the mind, I test the heart, To give to each man according to his ways, According to the results of his deeds.
26. I can do all things [which He has called me to do] through Him who strengthens and empowers me [to fulfill His purpose–I am self-sufficient in Christ’s sufficiency; I am ready for anything and equal to anything through Him who infuses me with inner strength and confident peace.]
25. For where two or three are gathered in My name[meeting together as My followers],I am there among them.”
24. For the love of Christ controls and compels us, because we have concluded this, that One died for all, therefore all died; and He died for all, so that all those who live would no longer live for themselves, but for Him who died and was raised for their sake.
23. Commit your works to the L ORD [submit and trust them to Him], And your plans will succeed [if you respond to His will and guidance].
22. Blessed and favored by God are those who keep His testimonies, And who [consistently] seek Him and long for Him with all their heart.
21. BE ANGRY [at sin–at immorality, at injustice, at ungodly behavior], YET DO NOT SIN; do not let your anger [cause you shame, nor allow it to] last until the sun goes down. And do not give the devil an opportunity [to lead you into sin by holding a grudge, or nurturing anger, or harboring resentment, or cultivating bitterness].
20. Beloved, do not believe every spirit [speaking through a self-proclaimed prophet]; instead test the spirits to see whether they are from God, because many false prophets and teachers have gone out into the world.
19. The name of the L ORD is a strong tower; Therighteous runs to it and is safe and set on high [far above evil].
18. Better is a little with the [reverent, worshipful] fear of the L ORD Than great treasure and trouble with it.
17. The righteous man who walks in integrity and lives life in accord with his [godly] beliefs– How blessed [happy and spiritually secure] are his children after him [who have his example to follow].
16. And those who belong to Christ Jesus have crucified the sinful nature together with its passions and appetites.
15. BLESSED and HAPPY and FAVORED ARE THOSE WHOSE LAWLESS ACTS HAVE BEEN FORGIVEN, and WHOSE SINS HAVE BEEN COVERED UP and COMPLETELY BURIED.
14. If I speak with the tongues of men and of angels, but have not love [for others growing out of God’s love for me], then I have become only a noisy gong or a clanging cymbal [just an annoying distraction].
13. Bring all the tithes (the tenth) into the storehouse, so that there may be food in My house, and test Me now in this,” says the L ORD of hosts, “if I will not open for you the windows of heaven and pour out for you [so great] a blessing until there is no more room to receive it.
12. But just as it is written [in Scripture], “T HINGS WHICH THE EYE HAS NOT SEEN AND THEEAR HAS NOT HEARD, A ND WHICH HAVE NOT ENTERED THE HEART OF MAN, A LL THAT G OD HAS PREPARED FOR THOSE WHO LOVE H IM [who hold Him in affectionate reverence, who obey Him, and who gratefully recognize the benefits that He has bestowed].”
11. For the whole Law [concerning human relationships] is fulfilled in one precept, “Y OU SHALL LOVE YOUR NEIGHBOR AS YOURSELF [that is, you shall have an unselfish concern for others and do things for their benefit].”
10. Search me [thoroughly], O God, and know my heart; Test me and know my anxious thoughts; And see if there is any wicked or hurtful way in me, And lead me in the everlasting way.
9. No temptation [regardless of its source] has overtaken or enticed you that is not common to human experience [nor is any temptation unusual or beyond human resistance]; but God is faithful [to His word–He is compassionate and trustworthy], and He will not let you be tempted beyond your ability [to resist], but along with thetemptation He [has in the past and is now and] will [always] provide the way out as well, so that you will be able to endure it [without yielding, and will overcome temptation with joy].
8. In the beginning [before all time] was the Word ( Christ), and the Word was with God, and theWord was God Himself.
7. But to as many as did receive and welcome Him, He gave the right [the authority, the privilege] to become children of God, that is, to those who believe in (adhere to, trust in, and rely on) His name–
6. Do not let your heart be troubled (afraid, cowardly). Believe[confidently]in God and trust in Him,[have faith, hold on to it, rely on it, keep going and]believe also in Me.
5. The Lord does not delay [as though He were unable to act] and is not slow about His promise, as some count slowness, but is [extraordinarily] patient toward you, not wishing for any to perish but for all to come to repentance.
4. But to as many as did receive and welcome Him, He gave the right [the authority, the privilege] to become children of God, that is, to those who believe in (adhere to, trust in, and rely on) His name–
3. Blessed [with spiritual security] is the man who believes and trusts in and relies on the LORD And whose hope and confident expectation is the LORD.
2. “RELAX IN MY HEALING PRESENCE. AS YOU SPEND TIME WITH ME, YOUR THOUGHTS TEND TO JUMP AHEAD TO TODAY’S PLANS AND PROBLEMS. BRING YOUR MIND BACK TO ME FOR REFRESHMENT AND RENEWAL.”
Let the light of God’s Presence soak into you as you focus your thoughts on Him, thus allowing Him to equip you to face whatever the day brings. Do not skimp on your time with God. You have chosen what is better, and it will not be taken away from you.
Psalm 89:14-15, 105:1-4; Luke 10:39-42
1. “COME TO ME WITH A TEACHABLE SPIRIT, EAGER TO BE CHANGED.” Don’t cling to your old ways as you step into a new year. Instead, seek God with an open mind and heart, knowing that your journey with Him involves being transformed by the renewing of your mind. Know that God sees you with a steady eye because His attention is infinite; He knows and understands you completely.
His thoughts embrace you in everlasting Love. I also know the plans I have for you; plans to prosper you and not harm you, plans to give you hope and a future. Give yourself fully to this journey of increasing attentiveness to God’s Presence.
Psalm 27:7-9; Romans 12:2; Jeremiah 29:11
Visit and Subscribe to my other social media pages:
BLOG PAGE: roxannemlopez.com
FB FAN PAGE: www.facebook.com/rockiesplace